Riskcom is looking for property risk engineers who not only have the required technical and great stakeholder engagement skills but also someone who has a strong commercial acumen, ensuring the advice provided to our clients meets their specific and unique circumstances, which allows them to make informed decisions on how to best manage their property related risks.
The positions are suited to those with a background in property risk surveys undertaken by insurers and insurance brokers.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Providing technical expertise in the development of property risk and risk engineering audit programs that incorporate relevant Australian and/or FM Global Standards;
- Carrying out property risk and risk engineering reviews /audits of commercial and industrial properties;
- Support the delivery of project work within time and cost budgets;
- Train, mentor and supervise the project teams with technical works;
- Maintain and manage strong client relationships, identifying key business development opportunities where appropriate;
- Contribute to the development of our business against strategic goals;
- Contribute to the development of inhouse tools including digital platforms;
- Communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders; and
- Work within a multidisciplinary team.
The successful applicant must be able to identify, describe and provide:
- An underwriting summary
- Physical descriptions of the site
- Internal hazards
- Loss control procedures
- Physical protection
- External perils including natural catastrophe exposure
- Business Interruption
- ML, PML calculations
- Risk Recommendations
What we'll love about you
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science or equivalent industry experience;
- Graduate Diploma or Masters in Fire Safety Engineering (desirable);
- Minimum of 6+ years’ relevant consulting experience in property risk engineering;
- Be registered as an NSW C10 Engineer or industry equivalent, in the field of either Fire Safety Engineering, Fire Engineering, or be actively working to achieve registration within the next 6-12 months;
- Experience across a range of sectors including medium-to-large scale projects and highly complex facilities such as shopping centres, distribution centres, large commercial properties including manufacturing, and the like;
- Auditing qualifications; and
- Capacity to train and mentor engineers in both the technical and industry-based forums.
What we will offer you
We will provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance.
Remuneration: Competitive with bonus structure
Employment: We are open to full time, part-time, job sharing and casual. We want the right people.